Saturday, June 23, 2007

This is a site dedicated to the work that I did during my summer photography class at Ole Miss. There are four seperate projects uploaded to this blog. The first set of pictures are my final project, "Water Abstractions". I took photographs of everyday objects through water. I wanted to explore the light and the reflections as well as the abstracting qualities of water. The next series is also about water, but it is more of a variety of water images and I took photographs of still water as well as moving water at the Ole Miss fountain and even a picture of a puddle in the street. After that is my series of landscapes. I took these photographs at Steven's horse ranch in Collierville. I took all of my pictures at sunset to achieve long shadows and sucessful silhouettes. Finaly, I did a short series on texture.

I hope that you enjoy looking at them and feel free to comment on them in any way!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I really like them, Nicole! Some of the puddle ones are amazing, and (of course) I like all the horse farm ones. :-)
Keep up the good work, they look great.